CLASS 1 HGV DRIVERS
We are recruiting Class 1 HGV Drivers in the Tamworth area for a well known automotive business. Our client is a national distributor of automotive parts around England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We are currently recruiting for both Day and Night drivers.
- Day work compromises yard shunting, blow outs to stores from night before, collecting containers or extra deliveries or runs as requested.
- Night work compromises store deliveries with 2-3 drop and collections. Class 1 HGV Drivers will be responsible key holders with access to store alarms to carry out deliveries. Various shifts are available between Sunday and Friday every week with enhanced rates for Fridays and Sunday work. Work will involve cages being loaded on/off using a tail lift.
Night out runs are also available for any Class 1 HGV Drivers and these can be such destinations as Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of White.
Our client is also looking for drivers who are interested in temp 2 perm positions
Our client is happy to accept drivers with a minimum 6 months Class 1 experience or even New Pass HGV Class 1 Night Drivers with a minimum of 6 months UK HGV Class 2 UK experience
PAY RATES - LTD
- Monday to Friday DAYS - £14.75/Hr (05:00 - 14:00 Starts DAYS)
- Monday to Thursday NIGHTS - £15.75/Hr (19:00 - 04:00 NIGHTS)
- Friday and Sunday NIGHTS - £20.50/Hr NIGHTS (19:00 - 04:00 NIGHTS)
PAY RATES - PAYE
- Monday to Friday DAYS - £12.75/Hr (05:00 - 14:00 Starts DAYS)
- Monday to Thursday - £13.50/Hr (19:00 - 04:00 NIGHTS)
- Friday and Sunday - £16.50/Hour (19:00 - 04:00 NIGHTS)
Class 1 HGV Drivers
- Minimum 6 months UK Class 1 experience
- NEW PASS CLASS 1 DRIVERS WELCOME BUT MUST HAVE A MINIMUM 6 MONTHS CLASS 2 EXPERIENCE
- No DD, IN, DR, TT99, CD endorsements and no more than 9 points on licence.
- A flexible approach and good communication skills.
Work will involve:
- Working for one of the fastest growing business in the Midlands, our client offers new modern trucks and continuity of work.
- Day and Night work available
- 2-3 Store Deliveries with 1 collection (Usually empty cages)
- Delivery of Car Components around the UK
- Day start times between 05:00 and 14:00, Night start times between 19:00 and 04:00
- Will be Delivery Point Key holders
- Some handball will be involved moving roll cages (Night work mostly)
- Tail lift work
- Long term ongoing positions
- Our client offers a modern fleet of vehicles
- 45-60 hours per week (on-average)
- All routes mapped for ease.
- Immediate starts available
- Temp To Perm positions available for the right candidates
Benefits of working for Extra Drivers:
- Weekly Pay
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage references
- My Resource Rewards- An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
If you are interested in the above role please click to apply
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Start date: ASAP Duration: Ongoing